Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Review 01/16/2015

Gauging from the Morning Star Industry groups making new All-Time and 52-Week highs, the current market continues to show a more defense oriented environment.

ATH Sectors
52 Week High Sectors
Additionally the number of stocks above their 20 period moving average closed the week at 39.  The number above their 40 period moving average is at 42.  This indicates to me a lack of robustness in the current environment.  If these conditions remain, one of the adjustments I'm considering is prolonging my holding period since the number of stocks showing my expected move over my time frame is 90, but double that by doubling the holding period.

% Stocks > 20 MA
Anticipation set-ups I'm following for the week ahead:

CDK
RDUS
TASR

No comments:

Post a Comment