Wednesday, January 22, 2014

SMCI, CKSW Model Book for Earnings 2014

Earnings season is beginning to ramp up so it's time to begin to build out the model book and watch list that I'll focus upon for the next 3 to 6 months. Each earnings season there tends to be a theme and nuance to the stocks that are breaking out and the pattern that unfolds thereafter. Two of the main characteristics that I will be looking for in my candidates is an 8% increase in price with the highest volume over a years period. One my early candidates is SMCI.

SMCI
SMCI meets my primary criteria. Additionally this earnings break out is to all time highs. The float is fairly small at ~34M of which 10% turned over today. Earnings were up 94% and sales 22% which is fairly solid.

A candidate that I took a small entry position in on the day of was CKSW which pre-announced its earnings. This met my 8%+ and YHV criteria and of note Soros has a position in this company. Earnings are still due to how this behaves before hand remains to be seen, but as of today it is getting close to breaking out to fresh highs with all time highs on the horizon as well.


CKSW

No comments:

Post a Comment