Monday, August 4, 2014

Pullbacks Welcomed

Market pullbacks and corrections are excellent times to prune and rebuild watch list and add to our model book.  During these periods a search for stocks that meet our set up criteria can assist our edge when the dust settles and we're in sync when the next leg up occurs.  I tend to focus upon tight price patterns that are flat and have resisted the greater market undulations.  Ideally I'd like to see this occur after there has already been a leg up in the particular stock before flat lining with contracting price volatility.   To assist visually I use a 10 period moving average.  If it's static it informs me that the stock has undergone a period of price agreement and should this balance shift to the upside with range expansion and volume I want to be involved and ride the tide of the path of least resistance.

KANG
LQ
TEDU
ZEN

No comments:

Post a Comment