Friday, March 29, 2013

Pump Up The Volume, March Edition


For the past few months I've been doing studies and analysis of volume and ensuing price reaction. I've added a small wrinkle to my process that I'll do at the end of each month and create a watch list of momentum stocks that show the highest volume on a monthly basis compared to the past year. A scan through my Telechart universe gives 187 stocks above $3 in price with momentum based upon 3-month period.

There's a couple of things I'll be doing with this list. The first is to go through each chart and check for commonalities to model and to check whether or not there were clear set-ups as I define them and if not, what I may need to adapt regarding my entry signal. The second I've done is broken them down into categories as a means of refining my vehicle selection. The first category is sorted by sub-industry to look for a common theme and find out what industries are attracting the most volume interest. The second category is sorted by price percent change over 30 days and taking only those that have made an increase greater than a 20%. The third category is sorted by All-Time-Highs as filtered through my watch list (which may or may not still be near their highs). The fourth category is IPOs that have traded between 6-11 months and sorted by those that have had the highest over a 6 month period.


No comments:

Post a Comment