Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GMMA Perspective of Correction


Historically corrections of 5% occur on average of 3 times per year. Of the major indexes that I follow, only the NASDAQ-100 pulled back to this level on a closing basis and much of that has been erased with today's 1.41% up move.  Using GMMA charts of a few of the major indexes I follow shows that this has been an orderly pullback and although the major long term moving averages have squeezed, they've yet to roll over to the downside.  

GMMA NDX
GMMA COMP
GMMA RUT
GMMA SP

In general my current bias is still to the upside until the market confirms otherwise.  Besides retail showing sector strength there are a number of charts setting up nicely, something I typically don't see when there is an erosion in the overall market.  The one caveat I've had as of late hast been a breadth signal I use which has been neutral due to a lack of buyers or sellers.  Now that earnings season is gearing up this week I'll be looking to this indicator to support my views that there is a buying opportunity here on a swing term time frame.  Until then I'll take some shots with smaller positions and wider stops.

10 Day Buyng/Selling

No comments:

Post a Comment