Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Time High With Volume

While the general market was muted today as expected, there were still 57 stocks that hit all time highs and two did so with strong volume.

GNRC
PWR
One of my tasks I've given myself for the month of November is to build out a database and tally the stocks that repeatedly hit new highs and begin to focus more upon this universe.  In conjunction I'm also looking upon stocks that clip their highest volume for the year.  These two criteria will be my primary focus list.  One issue I often find myself having is managing information and losing the thread of stocks that I've been stalking because I get attracted to something else. In part this is because my scans are dynamic and stocks that I've been tracking lose momentum and drop off, so the intent through this process is to simplify matters and have a focused list that is scan independent.

There were a number of stocks making new 52-Week Highs today with high dollar volume as well.

AUY
CVLT
VRSK
While the general market continues to correct there are stocks that are breaking out to fresh highs which is promising.  There are stocks holding just under their highs and are beginning to set up.  A few I noted today.

ENOC

$HL
HW
NVDQ
REED

And just in case there's a reversal and selling hits the market, my expectation is that the SPX which thus far has held up well will offer the best risk/reward so my play on this is the SPXU.

SPXU

No comments:

Post a Comment