Monday, February 23, 2015

Anticipation Entry

Today I took a position in HAR in anticipation of a break out within the next 5 trading days.  Today was a very narrow price range day on the smallest volume after a sizable move.  Although the previous break out failed price has been contracting within a tight zone.  My expectation is that if this gains interest it can make a 5-10 point move from here with with a stop at yesterdays low giving a 2-1+ R/R trade potential.

HAR

The action on LNKD today stopped me out of a recent position for a loss.  One of the points of anticipating breakouts is to avoid potential traps like today where price moved favorably in my direction only to give up all the gains and then some.  Had I the opportunity to pay more attention today it is clear in retrospect that moving my stop to BE after giving up four points in my direction would have been wise.  Although my stop did not get hit officially I closed the position at the end of day as the price history shows this can trade with wild swings and with my stop was not much further below today's low so closing it was prudent as my risk/reward ratio is now inverted.

LNKD

One positive trade from my list yesterday was ORLY which after taking some heat yesterday, made a clean $2.68 move today, closing near the highs and with volume behind it.  As a price target I don't see why $214 isn't achievable on this.

ORLY

1 comment:

  1. First time we see your blog it is really great informative post...keep it up .. !!
    Intraday Share Trading Tips

    ReplyDelete