Monday, December 3, 2012

CFNL Trade Plan

CFNL

One stock triggered from my watch list so I took a position in CFNL for a swing trade. CFNL is in my Year High Volume watch list for the month of October so I've been stalking this for quite some time now waiting for a set-up. The trigger for the trade today was a wide range 7 day that followed a narrow range 7 with an increase in volume from the previous session. The wide range bar triggered first and I waited for volume confirmation before taking an entry at 15.35 with a stop at 14.87, risking 1%. Volume continued through the close and established another year high volume day.

My first target is 15.83, a 1R gain at which point I will ratchet my stop up to 14.94 to cut the risk exposure as much as possible to 0.5R. My next target is 16.31 when I'll move my stop to 15.83 to lock in 1R. At this price the stock will be at all time highs with no overhead supply so I'll adjust my stop incrementally in attempt to balance catching as much of the swing as possible without choking off the trade too early.


No comments:

Post a Comment