Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Muted Buying

4% Break Outs

There has been a persistent but muted bid to the market since 11/16. This buying was enough to flip the timing model I use to buy and I acted in accordance and started to initiate some positions. Regardless of what my views and interpretations are of the market, in the end I choose to trust the signals that I follow. Yesterday there was a rare tie in the +/-4% break outs that I monitor with 66 each. I consider this stalling action and am reminded of an earlier occurrence I documented in a March post. I still maintain this view and am proceeding forward with caution as of this time.

The Primary Breadth indicator that I follow has also peaked and turned down.  If this flips it will be another red flag for me.

Primary

For myself it was prudent today to draw down my risk exposure by liquidating one position and taking some money off the table to compensate for what I still have exposed. If selling hits the tape and the Primary flips bearish again I'll look to liquidate the reaming positions and wait for the market to reset for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment